Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brown Bear--new version--printable book with icons

I never thought I would be posting about Brown Bear.  Nearly every pediatric SLP blog and website has something about this book---icons, activities, cards, pictures.  It's a great book!  But it's not that complicated, and what more could I say about it that hasn't already been said?

Then I did a search on Tarheel Reader and found the companion version with different pictures.  As I have said many times on this blog, kids need to learn a routine, which in this case, would be the original classic version of Brown Bear.  Then, to help generalize the language, the routine needs changed a bit.   Enter Tarheel Reader Brown Bear!  Someone else did the creating for this book, and I changed the language in it slightly, and added icons for your kids if you need to have them match.  Variety is a good thing!    Scroll down for links!  All free....









Click here to download the book

Click here to download icons in Boardmaker

Click here to download icons in pdf



 I'm so excited about actual weather excitement in NC!   2 inches of snow predicted Thursday night!
That may shut down our area for a while.  I'll keep you posted!!!!!! 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I love Brown Bear Brown Bear for the little ones!

    Good luck with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is now history. We had about an inch and it was enough for a delayed opening. (Nice for sleeping in, and we don't have to make it up). Thanks for your comment.

      Delete