1. Life is all about sharing. If someone downloads one of my books and a kid in another state or country learns something from it, then great!
2. I actually like making materials, and there is a sense of purpose to what I'm making if I'm feeling the urge to 'blog about something'.
3. It's a bit of a crime how much materials cost from speech and language companies.
4. It's also a crime how little money school-based speech pathologists are given to spend.
5. Sharing is a fabulous way to make new friends and connections.
6. Not only do my fellow SLPs benefit, but parents also download and use materials.
7. Other people are more creative than me, and let me know wonderful other ways to use the materials I create.
8. When I share something new, it also gives me a new therapy tool or book to use with my own students--they love new things, and the teachers I work with love these too!
9. I have a sense of pride in seeing my name or blog mentioned on internet sites. I also enjoy it when someone I've never met before says they read my blog.
10. Most of all, I share materials because I love my job, and blogging has given me a new outlet. The internet is literally a godsend. Young graduates have no idea what life was like before the internet all came to be! I share because I'm grateful for it all.