- She's teaching English at a high school in East Java (Mandiun is the town)
- She's made some friends, and the little kids around where she lives also recognize her and call her by name.
- She is now allowed to travel away from her town, so she is visiting with former Peace Corps members this weekend in a town named Solo. I have no idea about anything related to Indonesian geography or town names or languages, by the way.
- She has updated her blog---check it out here!
- She's enjoying the food there, but misses things like Italian cooking. I mailed her some Italian spices--shipping to her town is very expensive, ($9.00 for a few ounces, and it seems to take 6 weeks if she gets it at all)!
- I communicate with her frequently through Google chat, or Facebook chat. This is a vast improvement from the 60s and 70s when loved ones had to rely on actual letters.
I miss her terribly, but she is being wonderful doing what she is doing. I plan on traveling there in August---and I can't wait!!!!
|Andorra is leading an English Club---I'm in awe|
|Find Andorra at this traditional Indonesian wedding pose!|