This book, like the cats book, is great for verbs, and the icons can be used to add different subjects---"dog swing", "boy swing". The language is simple and patterned, and the pictures are great. Sample activities--
- Act out each page with stuffed animals
- Print the book without the text--ask the kids to tell you what's happening
- Have the kids add a new page. They can draw (or act out with a stuffed animal) a different action. Take a picture and add it!
- Compare and contrast the cat book with the dog book. What's the same? What's different?
- Artic---lots of simple consonants here that repeat themselves!
- AAC---these words can all be programmed into a static cell AAC device along with some comments
|I want this dog.|
Here is a link to a free download of this book and the icons from Google Docs. Google is miracle!
Have a nice weekend!
P.S. I now have a "Counting Horses" verb book here.